Let us all start praying for Spring please! I am so beyond done with the snow! Join in a Hallelujah!!
Here is some info for March, April and May!
CLASS INFO:
*First of all, I have had several of you email or ask me about places I would recommend for your students after we are done here in May! I found out today that Centrepointe Academy in Centerville is expanding their program in the fall and opening up four more classes. This is awesome news! They have been full with a waiting list for a long time! Their teachers are so great and I would highly recommend their program even though is a little bit of a drive! They do their fall registration in May and it fills up fast so if you are interested please jump on that! They also have summer programs if you may be interested in those!
I also know Hopebox in Kaysville has a small youth theatre program and so does On Pitch in Layton. I know nothing about these programs so I can't personally recommend them but they do have them.
There is a performing group in West Kaysville called Performance Academy that I have heard good things about. They are more show choir focused but do good work!
Our last days of CentreStage Classes will be May 21st, 22nd, 23rd and the final tap class will be May 28th!
It's almost painful for me to type this......but I also know it is the right decision for me and my family. I love these kids and will miss them terribly! But let's move forward....we still have two musicals to produce!
*PETER PAN JR.
Tickets:
We have sold nearly every ticket for the original run. We are going to add the Tuesday performance on April 16th. I have three families who have not ordered tickets yet so as soon I as can get them to order I will let you know if/what tickets I have let to purchase on that Tuesday!
Tickets will come home with your students this week if they didn't get them last week!
Longest Day:
Saturday March 23rd 8:00am-1:00pm- This is a mandatory rehearsal and the ONLY time both classes get to rehearse together until Final Dress Rehearsal. Please have your student there!
Costumes:
Costumes will come home with the students on March 26th and 27th! We will provide most of the costume. We may need you to provide some tights and shoes! I will let you as soon as I can. We started costume fittings this past week and should finish this coming week!
Final Dress Rehearsal:
April 10th- 6:30-8:30. Please send them in full costume and make up (make up instructions will be posted at a later date). We will be photographing the show this night and those photos will be made available to you so you can just enjoy the show and not worry about taking photos!
Show Dates:
April 11th-16th
6:15 Call time
7:00 Show time
Matinee call time is 1:15
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
TICKETS: Ticket forms will be sent home next week! We have lots of seats to fill for this show so please sell, sell, sell tickets!!! This show is magical and people love it!
Longest Day:
FRIDAY April 26th 3:00-10:00pm! Please remember this was moved to Friday to accommodate the students conflicts! THIS IS MANDATORY!
Show Week Schedule:
April 30 and May 1st: 4:00-10:00pm (Tech/Dress at WSU)
May 2nd-4th: 7:30pm Show time
May 4th Matinee: 4:00 Show time
If you have any question about anything please feel free to text or email me!
centrestagemusical@gmail.com
801-510-3377
Thanks!
Kristin
Full Out....All the Time....Everytime....ALWAYS!!!! // 615 W. Boro St. #C Kaysville, UT 84037 // 801-510-3377 centrestagemusical@gmail.com
Friday, March 8, 2019
CentreStage Theatre for Youth- Tuition Policy
Centerstage Theater for Youth is a theater school where classes are built level by level and week to week as the group progresses toward final projects. Due to this fact, Centerstage students are not charged weekly for participation, but for a spot in the class. Some months students will meet for 3 or 4 individual classes and some months they meet up to 9 times between extra rehearsals, longest days and actual performances. Producing full scale musicals is an integral part of Center stage Theater for Youth. Obtaining rights and following copyright laws are required when involved in theatrical productions. Therefore, Centerstage has designed tuition in a way that is consistent for everyone all year. All tuition, costume fees and participation fees have been rolled together and divided by the nine months classes
meet all year.
If you would like further (budget) information or to learn how to apply for the rights to a musical please feel free to contact me.